Review: The Bradley Bascon & Rudolf Golez Concert

3:37:00 PM




I was so fortunate to have a photo with the immensely gifted musicians Bradley Bascon & Rudolf Golez. Photo by Eira Caberte.

I think this month of August is the most musical month for me. I’ve been invited to several concerts and events – it’s just that my love for music wouldn’t change anything. Weeks ago, I watched two concerts at Rodelsa Hall in Cagayan De Oro City. 


Two of the featured artists are internationally acclaimed. Bradley Bascon is a 15 year-old classical violinist from California; he was a champion of several competitions around the world. Fortunately, when he had his concert in Cagayan De Oro, I was very happy! From the moment he performed his first piece, I already knew he was gifted and blessed. At very young age, OMG! He can memorize classical pieces – pieces which need demanding technique and complicated violin bowing. It was really awesome and great! Among the pieces that he performed, preludium by Fritz Kreisler caught my attention because of the dramatic arrangements.

The next concert was Rudolf Golez, one of the Philippines’ most sought after concert pianists. Sir Rudolf is an epitome of a classical musician. He was one of the Filipinos who studied in the prestigious Julliard School of Music in New York. From his “good looks”, “aura”, “charm” – all of these words are true if you meet him personally. I was already familiar to him because my music major friends in Manila told me.  His collaboration with Bradley that night was full of magic and appreciation. During his solo concert last August 9, he played immortal music of Frederic Chopin’s 24 Etudes. You need to focus and close your eyes if you want yourself to imagine exactly where you are. I imagined that I was at the famous theatre in Milan which is the Teatro La Scala. His masterful technique in playing the piano blends with sweetness and strength, and that made him Rudolf Golez. All I can say is Bravo, Bravissimo! 

With the concert pianist sir Rudolf Golez. 

*Special thanks to the concert and theater patron, Ms. Stella Marie Yap for sponsoring my tickets.  

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Nice write up Mr. Emil! I can say you've gone so far. You are so talented and friendly no wonder you're so blessed. Keep dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ma'am Ann! Thank you very much for the kind words. I am so flattered actually. Thanks for taking time visiting my blog. I will never stop dreaming.

      ~BukidnonVoice

      Delete

INSTAGRAM

Yours truly,

Yours truly,